Connect with us


Tragedy as Fire Engulfs Building with 40 Rooms in Kwara State



An unfortunate incident of a fire outbreak occurred in a housing compound with 40 rooms during the early hours of Friday in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State.

The fire broke out around 02:40 a.m. at No E143, Ile Muse, off Emir’s road, in Ilorin metropolis, affecting nine rooms out of the total 40 rooms in the compound.

Upon reaching the scene, the state fire service personnel faced a significant challenge, but their training, expertise, and dedication enabled them to combat the fire with relentless determination.

After a relentless effort, the fire was successfully brought under control by 03:42 hours, showcasing the team’s unwavering commitment and professionalism.

An investigation into the incident revealed that a careless oversight led to the disaster; a resident had left a charcoal fire used for cooking dinner the previous night improperly extinguished, resulting in the tragic outcome.

The Director of the state fire service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, expressed deep sorrow over the incident, emphasizing the critical importance of fire safety practices and awareness.

He urged everyone to draw lessons from the incident and maintain vigilance in their daily routines, recognizing the bravery and selflessness displayed by the firefighters as a beacon of hope in challenging times.